4 September 2009

a helping hand

We all need them.

I read the "Chris will walk" blog this morning. The bravery of the young mum is moving. I recall times when a dear old friend would encourage me. Her own expression to get her through difficult times was "I am tough. T U F F Tuff". I have used it often. Now I think I am not so tough, but it is also OK to be vulnerable, less able, not always coping. Each moment will pass.

I am reminded of something I read (who knows where? I can't remember, but probably in an Eckhart Tolle book) about the present moment being all we have. And in each "present moment" when we check all the "coordinates" things are usually quite OK.

My wrist is sore. My own fault entirely, so I am not complaining. That too will pass. No regrets about what I was doing, only plans to do more, but more carefully, later!

Today I am grateful for the ability to multi-task.

No comments: