3 October 2010

works on the old nag

Bruises are starting to come out but they are not nearly as bad as I expected, thanks to some "horse medicine". I hobbled to put in my apology at a beer festa at a friend's home, (it is October, and the friend is German) to be despatched by an Italian friend, expressing great concern, to purchase a gel to apply to prevent the bruises developing. Here you can buy a huge range of powerful medicines without prescription.

The gel came with a warning to keep out of direct sunlight (and for two weeks after using it). I checked the active ingredient, ketoprofene, which sounded very familiar. Sure enough it is ketoprofen, used in horses. I applied with caution, but have to admit it worked a treat!

This morning when the dogs walked me I was able to go upstairs "normally", and Zacchi thought that I could walk further than I wanted to. He was right.

Today I am grateful for compassionate friends.

1 comment:

Feijoa said...

Horse medicine: Always worked on us kids! (: