27 October 2010

things are falling in to place

The mountain of things to attend to doesn't decrease, but there is a natural sorting of order and things are falling in to place. So much so that I let the dogs walk me again, rather than lose this glorious autumn afternoon. Temperatures have dropped to about 18 degrees, sometimes a little lower, so walking is very pleasant. Easier without the dogs, I will admit, but pleasant with them all the same.

Last night in a family home I was served the most enormous piece of succulent salmon that I have even eaten. Then, after the salad, came chestnuts roasted on the fire and home made vino rosso. The son of the house reminded the host that I was driving... so cool that children are aware of such things at an early age.

We then watched the film Benvenuti al Sud, which would have been hilarious if I understood both Milanese and Neopolitan dialect. The little bit of Italian I understood quite well, but the punchlines... not a chance! It was funny despite this, and I guess for the children it was funny that their English teacher couldn't understand the film dialogue and only laughed at the more obvious humour.

Today I am grateful for kind and caring people.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

18 degrees? You're lucky! (: