28 October 2010

on butterflies and things

Tonight I am happily singing and (shhhhh) dancing about the place, listening to music and generally reflecting on the good things of life. Why? I am really, really enjoying my Italian classes, I have reduced the number of days I teach English, and I have been wondering what my next motif will be. The first one was the bumblebee... aerodynamically, apparently, a bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. Shhh, don't tell the bumblebee. What a wonderful inspiration that tiny creature is.

Then came the butterfly. I felt like a caterpillar, and finally I found my wings and was able to fly, to spread a little colour, to feel light and free. Here I am often accompanied by butterflies as I walk along the road, enjoying the wonderful panorama of the Liri Valley.

I sense another change: new focus, new direction, new haircut... is it time to find a new motif?

When I was a cub leader my name was Nushka, meaning Friendly Bear. I rather liked that. Often I am Katie here, and I loved the Katie books when I was younger. One title strikes a chord: "What Katie Did Next".

Watch this space!

Today I am grateful for wonderful teachers and friends.

No comments: