4 October 2009

don't they know?

You would think that by October the mosquitoes would have had enough and gone away. But no... our long and pleasant summer has kept the beastly little blighters happily stalking my sweet and juicy flesh. Aaargh...........!

This afternoon has been "wonder-woman clean-up day" as the Saturday morning clean-up gave way to a fun-filled and very social visit to where some Kiwi soldiers rested for two months in the January and February of 1944.

I am beginning to explore Italy a little, pian piano...

The leaves on the large plane trees in the main piazza are just beginning to turn. It takes me back to 2007 when I painted them so hastily for an exhibition before I returned to NZ for a few months. It all seems so long ago!

Today I am grateful for people who "follow through" and keep their promises.

No comments: