3 February 2015

confession time and an update


Confession time:

1. I changed computers and found myself locked out of my blog
2. I I really didn't mind not blogging for a while.
3. I don't feel the slightest bit guilty...

because

I have been working incredibly hard and have completed the illustrations for three of my books for children, and have written another book which is very close to my heart and will be illustrated lovingly in watercolour with a release date later this year.

So, watch this space for direction to my new children's literature blogs (not this month though!)


Today I am grateful for new found confidence.



What you have missed:


The trial "working to a deadline" illustrations. The story is a true story retold by moi, and illustrated in watercolour.

A few of the  illustrations for a children's book I wrote over 30 years ago (photographed partially completed). The story has been expanded from the original and there are 27 new illustrations ready for the book. I have a few more kittens to paint for the text-only pages, and some details to add now that I have seen which pictures my young readers prefer. The story is written largely in rhyming couplets for the early reader.
 And one from the third picture book to be completed (colour illustrated and black and white workbook versions will be available):



Book number four will remain a secret until the illustrations are well underway. 

There are another nine books in the pipeline after that one. 

Keats, I think of your wonderful line regularly! "Until my pen has gleaned my teeming brain..." 

Today I am also grateful for practical tips from a professional illustrator. 


No comments: