30 June 2009

stormy weather

We are having thunderstorms every afternoon. Rain usually means it is 4.30pm. The festa is this weekend, the lights lining the streets are all in place. This year the lights are in the outline of flowers and birds.

I am a little apprehensive about showing my work in this variable weather. The last two exhibitions have been in the cellar of the frantoio, where oil was once pressed, but this year I decided to stay outdoors to be able to enjoy the festa myself. Last year I didn't hear any of the concert, nor could I see the celebrations. It was so hot and exhausting that I think I packed up at 11.30pm and missed even the fireworks.

Last year Zacchi was with me at the exhibition. This year I will need to see that two little scallywags are safely inside away from the noise. In the meantime the battle for the toes continues.

Pickle has discovered the great outdoors, slipping through the gate (while she can, she is growing like a mushroom) and bringing home every piece of rubbish imaginable. It will be a big clean-up outside before Saturday, when visitors will be admiring the ancient fountain and communal washing place next to my garden.

Pickle, Grrrr. I am getting fed up with the mess you create!
Who, me? How could you think that of such a sweet wee flower?
Today I am grateful for new projects to work on.

No comments: