12 June 2009

back at work

Thursday was "full on" back at work, mostly good but still a lot of fine-tuning to do. I was finally able to work with the painter to find the correct tint for the background, as I can't continue without this and the previous trials by different painters were still well off the mark. That was particularly satisfying after working on the "fiddly bits" of my own work. Quite literally up to my elbows in paint after the sponge work ran down my arms, I came home relatively happy. Occasionally I had wondered about my sanity in taking on this work!

Yesterday a chance conversation about my Cassino work had me wanting to get back to my own art-making again. Do I stop doing commissions? It's a hard call! What price financial independence?

I have a feeling that change is in the air. Who knows what the summer will bring?

Today I am grateful for cheerful workmates.

No comments: