8 June 2009

after the ball is over...

Now it is time to check-in on line, double check the time of my flight, and wonder how I am going to make it from the station to my house tomorrow night should I happen to need a later train. My track record of arriving on time with Ryan Air is not good.

Ah well, however I get there it will be good to be home again, back into sorting out my own chaos and hopefully finishing my work within the next five or six working days.

Now it is time to pack, a much lighter case on the return journey as the chocolates, cheeses and truffles stay in Scotland.

Goodbyes are hard to say; for me I think "See you again soon" is a much better farewell.

Zacchi will be happy to see me, his carer possibly relieved to hand over responsibility... and Pickle? Who knows what Pickle thinks? I think the gentle and caring house-sitter will be flavour of the month with Pickle!

Today I am grateful for affordable air travel and adventurous family.

No comments: