28 April 2009

tuesday, slow day

I am coming back to life, slowly! Driving on the autostrada for nearly four hours with huge trucks all around me yesterday wore me out! Monday morning travel is definitely to be avoided. The outgoing trip starting off at 5am Sunday morning took a fraction over three hours. That is definitely the best time to travel!

Today Zacchi is trying to tell me he is missing his daily brush. He wants good food, walking, AND grooming? Really! And to think that he was pleased to see me when I got home. A dog's life is better with Zacchi minders, truly it is!

Sunday was a truly bicultural day, New Zealand and Italy linked forever with a shared history. This is the first time I have seen our flags without other flags flying beside them as well. In Italian schools children learn that we really are the opposite side of the world. Despite that, we have many things in common. Our garden weeds are identical, for starters...
Today I am grateful for music playing on the computer as I pick up the rather disparate threads of my life again.

No comments: