2 April 2009

mostly i accept

Mostly I accept without comment the things that work very differently in my new culture. After all, I chose to live there, with my eyes relatively wide open. I had been "coming and going" there for a couple of years, had read Frances Mayes and Marlena di Blasi. I had watched all the home improvement programmes, the ex-pats following their dreams. I assumed it would be reasonably similar for a migrating kiwi. There have been a few surprises, but every day the good outweighs any minor frustrations.

This one has me flummoxed though. I have almost finished my supply of watercolour paper purchased in New Zealand... yes, Italian watercolour paper. I brought it back to Italy. I haven't managed to find a replacement source near my home.

I have searched and searched on line. I carried my last purchase half the length of Italy by train from Riccione. Here in the USA I have found a supply at a relatively good price. Dilemma! Do I buy it here and take it home to Italy again?

In my search I found this... beautiful white paper that is green!
Well done, Fabriano. Now your next challenge is to supply affordable paper down in my part of Italy...

*****

Daily delight...


Today I am grateful for the little chipmunk who visits us every day.
.

No comments: