30 January 2009

studying...

I signed up for a relatively new language course. Much to Zacchi's delight it arrives in my emails, I don't catch the early train to Rome. It gives short, quirky lessons based on real life situations, and is good company in the evenings. The young folk delivering the course seem to be having fun with it, so of course that comes through on the videos and in their dialogue.

Yesterday I thought "I don't have time to study today". Today, after a meeting with a geometra (hard to define this role, more than project manager, not an architect... we don't have an equivalent position in anglo-saxon culture), I decided that I don't have time to NOT study.

Tonight I am revising earlier lessons. I hope I never have to say to anyone "mi prude la schiena" (my back itches) but it is good to know that "prude" (pru-day) is not even close to the English "prude"!

I'd certainly rather say "Mi prude" than "I am a prude!"

No comments: