26 January 2009

no post yesterday because...

the weather was bad, and for some reason the internet signal dropped to a tantalisingly low amount; not enough to open a programme, just enough to know I was getting some signal (the skype icon was green).

Luckily, a call to the technician this morning was enough to sort it out. Small town central-southern Italy means that the technicians know you by name and are friendly and helpful. (The service provider is from another town, too). Who would want to live in a city?

This afternoon I put the gas heater on and went out of the room. Shortly after Zacchi came out, looking for me, telling me something was wrong. His track record at communicating important things is pretty good, so even though I had a guest here I went to see what the problem was. The flame had gone out, and my room smelt of gas.

Zacchi, you are a little champion! Extra Scottish beef jerky for you today!

And here is yesterday's baking, just to show that I haven't forgotten what a kitchen is supposed to be used for!

1 comment:

Kay said...

but... that nice flat white plastic "give away" plate was returned to me... just when I was looking for a palette for oil paint! Oops!