27 July 2008

not just Zacchi...

It crossed my mind as I looked at yesterday's post that maybe it is not just Zacchi who has a foot fetish. Condemned to a lifetime of sensible footwear thanks to a shonky spine, it is always the footwear I remember, not the clothes above them.

I like my feet. Remember the song? Suzanne Prentice, I think it was. I like my feet too. Ugly, mis-shapen, often over-worked but never under-valued, I like my feet. See, I even took them to the beach one day and sprayed them with lots of sun-screen...

A friend in NZ keeps asking when I am going to be swept off my feet by a gorgeous wealthy Italian man. Another looked at me in despair and said "you have to wear heels". My Italian friends have given up on me too. They no longer offer me winkle-picker monstrosities to teeter on. They have accepted that there is no hope for me.

I may have my head in the clouds but my feet are (almost) always firmly on the ground!


PS (an hour or so later) Have just received an email from a friend who hasn't written for some time, and she said "I hope you are happy and putting one foot in front of another". Strange timing? Or not!

.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Feet were made to feel the earth, not some plastic creation.

Here's to bare feet and happy toes!