19 September 2010

and then it was sunday

Doing what Italians do so well... pranzo, cena... lots of good food!

Came home from the wonderful lunch with friends and happily wandered out to hang the sheets on the line...

rustle
rustle
slither
rustle
beautiful slither
wonderful movement

...and by far the longest of the few snakes I have seen in my garden glided elegantly from plant to plant along the wall of the house and down a two metre drop over the edge of the path into the orchard.

Don't worry, it was not a dangerous one. When I think that four years ago this would have set my heart racing I think "Wow! I've come a long way!" Instead of being fearful I simply stood and enjoyed the beauty of the movement and tried to estimate the length of the elegant creature.

Today I am grateful for green vegetables.

3 comments:

Feijoa said...

Cool! Snakes!

Teacake said...

Beautiful, but... a snake is not a vegetable ;-p

Kay said...

Mmm, yes, but after all the pasta, cheese etc the green vegetables were what I appreciated most when I thought about the food (which seemed to be the focus of the day), although maybe I could have two most appreciated things for the day, and add the snake in as well :-)