22 April 2010

stuck

I've been procrastinating. The one thing that really needs to be done now is the souvenir brochure for Legato. I have started on it. But I keep doing other (equally important but maybe less urgent) things instead.

I think that deep down I know something hasn't formed properly in my mind yet, and I am waiting for that inspiration.

I hope it comes soon!

Speaking of Legato, the blog has had well over 2,000 hits. Not bad for a few short weeks! The facebook fan page has also grown. It has many photos, and newspaper articles.

This morning I found something written on another blog, mentioning the starfish story in the context of the Legato peace project. I have always loved that story: it's a great metaphor for life. I think also of the ripple effect, and the butterfly effect.

We can make a difference, each one of us. The road might be long, and many have said to me "Kay, so many have tried to bring world peace and failed. What makes you think you can do it? Why are you doing this?" I am doing it because I am driven. I cannot bring about world peace, but I can contribute a tiny bit in my little corner of the world. I've noticed lately, though, that thanks to the internet there are no longer corners, so things do go around.

All we can change is ourselves. But as we change, those around us change. And so it goes...

Today I am grateful for people who believe that we can make a positive difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't agree to you more and i'm convinced you already placed "a stone in a river"