30 April 2010

little windows...

Today five paintings arrived from NZ for Legato. It gave me such a lift that I was able to steal some time in my afternoon and start a small work myself! Tomorrow is festa, so there will be no deliveries, no paperwork to do, not a lot beyond computer work to weigh me down. When things are out of your control there is no point in worrying, that doesn't help and only adds to the wrinkles.

So...
I have started a work for Legato. I would love to say that I am going to take my time and it will be great, but I know that I am not in that space at the moment. I do, though, see little windows of opportunity ahead in the next week where I can paint. So maybe not the ideal working conditions, but it will be a work. More than that, it will be a work with a strong message, and that is important to me.

Today I am grateful for the wonderful scent of orange blossoms.

3 comments:

Feijoa said...

It never occurred to me that you might not have done one for your own exhibition....

Kay said...

It never really occurred to me that Legato would grow so quickly... and there's only one of me! Travel agent, tour organiser, curator, etc etc... somehow painting became secondary to making the bigger picture grow!

I had systems in place for year one, (or so I thought) but we are already where I hoped to be in year three! It's all good, maybe my role is less artist and more facilitator. But yes, I will have something new to put in the exhibition, it feels right to be there as an artist too.

Sarah said...

Awesome, mum!
I can't wait to see.
Also, feijoa is a feijoahead.
Word.