25 November 2008

from beach to ballroom...

This weekend was more catching up, this time with South Island relatives. It has been just under two years since I have seen the two beanstalks down there, and how they have changed! I watched with envy and pride as they dipped and twirled around the dance floor, footwork and posture I would love to learn.

Flying around New Zealand is fun. The tiny Beech plane from Tauranga to Auckland, the short and efficient hop between Auckland and Christchurch, it is all so easy! Driving is another story, beautiful countryside, empty roads, large modern cars.

The painting is progressing slowly but surely, but time is running fast. And now, at last, summer has arrived. With it come text messages and phone calls from Italy telling me how cold it is... I'll be looking for my winter coat and wearing that out of summertime NZ to get me warmly home from Rome!

1 comment:

Sophia Elise said...

Sounds like you are having a lovely trip back home :-) On a side note... you've been tagged! Just click back on my blog for the intructions, have fun. Sophia www.sophiaelise.blogspot.com